Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Green Mango and Chilli Pickle

First thing which I love in summer season is Raw Mango  Pachadi which I have already posted and this is the first time I have tried Pickle and this is one Pickle which I absolutely loved usually My mom does Raw mango pickle the same way but use red chilli powder instead of green chilli this is the one recipe which was shared by my fb friend Anuradha Mudalagiri Kamath  which she got it from Shri Mahalasa Temple and I tried and simply loved it ....easy to prepare and perfect recipe for those who are just learning to prepare pickle :) ...Try it as I had done very little the first time just with 3 Raw mangoes sharing the measurements based on that by popular demand I had to prepare this again ( I have slightly changed the recipe as my raw Mango wasn't that sour I have added lemon juice too along with coconut oil .....Yum (Loved the combo with Rice !)


Ingredients 

3 Raw Mango (finely chopped)( I have used the skin as well)

6-7 Green chillies 

1/4 tsp Methi /Fenugreek seeds (raw /non roasted)

1/2 tsp Mustard seeds ( raw/non roasted)

1 tbsp Freshly made hing water

Generous pinch of Turmeric Powder / haldi

Juice of 1 and 1/2 lemon Squeezed ( I have used here cause My Green Raw Mango wasn't so sour )

2 tbsp Coconut oil 

1 tbsp salt (adjust to your salt level)

Method

  • In Mixer Grinder Grind mustard seeds(raw), Methi seeds, Hing water, Green chillies, haldi, salt, Lemon juice (squeeze and make sure you remove the seeds ) salt to a fine paste (Coarse one I haven't used any extra water ).
  • Add this paste , coconut oil to the chopped Raw Mango and mix well.
  • Store this in a container and leave it for 2 -3 days and taste it after couple of days you will see the flavours and mixed in well and it's a perfect with Curd Rice....Enjoy I had to make it again on popular demand ;)
  • Do try this you will def love it ...Don't forget to leave in your feedback !
  • Note : I have used Lemon juice here cause my raw mango wasn't so tangy and sour ....if your raw mango is perfect in sourness you can skip Lemon juice 

No comments:

Post a Comment