Thursday, September 15, 2016

Mango Cake




This is the first time I am trying this Mango cake and I must say me and my family simply loved the taste....it's too good and simply Gorgeous !.....I absolutely loved it and what's more this is Mango semolina cake it's very healthy too as it doesn't require any maida ....Thanks to Kaveri Obhan for sharing such a lovely recipe I loved it !.....I have actually changed the recipe a little bit have used a bit less sugar and have omitted the use of green cardamom powder here...choice is your's if you want to use it or omit it . Have just topped with fresh cut mangoes and haven't used any frosting ...but if you do fancy a frosting you can use fresh cream frosting ....But believe me it's absolutely gorgeous just the way it is !

Ingredients

1 cup semolina

1 cup Mango pulp ( I have used tinned one here )

1/4 cup oil

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp Baking powder

1/4 cup Pistachios ( Opt ) ( I haven't used it here )

Method
  • Mix semolina, sugar, baking powder and keep aside.
  • Then mix in oil and mix it well with the help of the whisker.
  • Now add the mango pulp and mix well . Leave it aside for 4-5 mins.
  • Preheat the oven 170'c then bake it for about 30-35 mins or till done.
  • Check with a toothpick in the center if it is properly baked .
  • Cool and then decorate it with Mango slices and serve.
  • You will def love the flavour here ....Nice , totally different and one of the most easy cake I have prepared ...Do try this I'm sure you will love it !
  • Note : if your using a fresh Mango puree make sure it's very thick . This recipe called for cardamom powder ....well i have skipped you can use it if you prefer
  • Note 2 : You can top it with fresh cream but i really enjoyed it on it's own :)


No comments:

Post a Comment