I have tried so many versions of Banana cake this is most healthy , spongy and one of the best Cafe style Banana cake which I found the personally loved it , it's eggfree , hassle free and with just 2-3 tbsp sugar makes one of the best gorgeous, healthy sponge cake you will absolutely love . Thanks to Rinku khanna for sharing such a classic recipe , with a beautiful hint of cinnamon which makes bake absolutely Fab nevertheless this is become one of my favourite recipes. Actual recipe calls for 3/4 cup sugar but i have just used 1/4 cup sugar ( please feel free to alter this as per your taste buds, I have personally tried this recipe many times and loved it every time I have baked , without much delay here is the recipe . Please don't forget to drop in your feedback , would love to read them in my space below ;D
1 heaped cup Whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
salt a pinch
2 medium sized over ripened Banana (grated)
3 tbsp Sugar (original recipe calls for 3/4cup* ) (Alter as per your taste buds)
1/4 cup refined oil
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup Chopped walnuts/Pecans
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp white or choco chips (opt)
- Sieve flour with baking powder and baking soda, cinnamon powder around 2- 3 times and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add in grated banana, sugar, oil , vanilla essence and mix everthing well till well incorporated.
- Now mix in milk and gently fold in the flour making sure it's mixed well.
- Mix in walnuts, raisins and mix well.
- Grease the cake tin of your choice I have used square here , pour the cake batter and tap in gently .
- Garnish with chopped walnuts .
- Preheat the oven to 180'c for 5 mins and bake for about 40-45 mins till done.
- once done , keep aside until it has cooled completely before slicing it .