Saturday, January 26, 2019

Horsegram Idli (kultha Idli)



I absolutely love Idli and sambar and  it's one of the most popular southern Indian breakfast which I am sure is classic favourite Indian breakfast item in most of our household and there are many versions of idli my mom used to prepare and today I am sharing one of them that is horse gram idli which was my childhood favourite and my mom used to serve this with spicy coconut chutney which I used to relish ..Yum . 
     It's such a healthy recipe and not to forget all health benefits of horsegram like a good immune booster, perfect for weight loss , good source of Iron and when you mix ground horsegram to idli batter it becomes very soft , so here is one healthy , perfect recipe of Kulitha idli

Ingredients

1/2 cup split white urad dal (black gram dal)

1/4  heaped cup Horse gram /kulithu

1 cup Raw Rice ( Sona Masoori / Basmathi Rice)

salt to taste

Method 
  • Soak urad dal , horse gram , Rice separately in 3 different vessels for around 7-8 hrs
  • Grind Soaked rice to a smooth batter draining all water to a semi thick paste and keep aside.
  • Drain all the water from urad dal , transfer this in a mixer grinder and grind to a smooth fluffy paste, remove it in a mixing bowl.
  • Now grind the horse gram adding little water to a smooth paste and mix in well along with a urad dal batter, Then add in Rice and salt and mix well to make the consistency of free flowing fully batter.
  • Now Allow this to ferment well overnight .
  • Next morning prepare the idli steamer ready grease idli mould with little ghee/ coconut oil and steam for about 15 -20 mins until done .Here I have steamed in a round idli tatte / or mould and you can make out from picture how spongy it's turned out to be . 
  • Serve with chutney pudi / molgapodi or spicy coconut chutney of your choice :) 

7 comments:

  1. Sushma thanks for a nice and healthy recipe I tried today and it came out so well thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely see your skills in the article you write.
    The sector hopes for more passionate writers such as you
    who aren't afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post, I am a big big fan of this website would
    like to go along updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I would like to say fantastic blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't
    mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and
    clear your head prior to writing. I have had a tough time
    clearing my mind in getting my ideas out there. I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints?
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do trust all of the ideas you have offered for your post.
    They're very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too brief for beginners.

    May you please prolong them a little from subsequent time?
    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! This article could not be written any better!
    Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept talking about this. I am going to send this information to him.
    Fairly certain he'll have a good read. Many thanks for
    sharing!

    ReplyDelete