This gravy does not need any introduction right this is one of the most lovely north indian style Gravy which is fav in most of our household ..so without any more intro let me tell you my version of this famous dish :)
1 and 1/4 cup boiled peas
2 Boiled Potato (cut into med sized pieces )
1 Med sized onion
2 Tomatoes (pureed)
2-3 big cloves of garlic
2-3 green chilli ( minced)
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
1/4 tsp haldi
1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tbsp ghee + 1 tsp oil
1 tbsp Coriander leaves + 1/2 tbsp for garnishing
salt to taste
1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- Take a non stick pan add in the cubed chunks of boiled potato and fry well till light brown and crisp and keep aside.
- Grind Ginger, green chilli , onion, garlic to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Fry 1 tbsp coriander leaves in little ghee and grind this along with tomato and keep aside.
- In Non stick pan add oil + ghee ( you can omit ghee if you don't like it but gives a very good flavour) then add the ground onion paste and fry well till it leaves out oil and leaves a pleasant aroma.
- Now add in the pureed tomato and fry well till tomato cook well , reduces and leaves the edges o the pan and leaving out oil .
- Now add in haldi, Red chilli powder, garam masala and fry well . Add in the cream and fry well.
- Add salt to taste. Now add in the fried Potato and peas.
- Serve it Garnished with Coriander leaves.
- Serve with Naan / Paratha ...simply delicious !