Saturday, January 2, 2016

Belgavi Kunda

Wishing all my readers a very Happy New Year 2016 ......This is one sweet which I always wanted to try ...Yes it's belgavi Kunda it was so good when  I tried it i absolutely loved it . when I prepared it I  kept in the fridge for setting and it was gorgeous to have tasted something like kulfi and my son gorged on these.....and  what is nice about this recipe is it calls for Jaggery which is such a healthy alternative to sugar....This is def going to be a regualar sweet at my house...Thanks so much Asha Satish Phillar mayi for sharing such a fab recipe !



Ingredients

2 cups Full cream milk

Little less then 1/2 cup Jaggery  + 1  tsp sugar
( My Jaggery was very light colour one that's the reason I have got this colour )

2 tbsp Med semolina (Rawa)

2 tbsp Milk Powder

1 tbsp Ghee

1/2 cup Curd / Yogurt

1 tbsp Cardamom powder

2 tbsp Cashews 

Method

Heat Ghee in a pan add semolina, milk powder and fry till golden  then pour the milk and allow it to boil .
Then lower the flame and add curd (yogurt) .you will notice it will start to curdle. switch off the flame and keep aside.
Take another wider non stick kadai add jaggery and sugar and when it begins to caramelize (DO NOT ADD ANY WATER AT THIS STAGE).
Pour in the curdled milk and keep stirring and cook till it gets dry and it will start leaving the pan . (this will take around 15- 20 mins approx.)
When it it dry add in the cardamom powder and mix cashews and serve.
I have poured this on a greased thali (greased with ghee) and refrigerated for 2 hrs .
Then I have cut into desired shapes ...I had prepared this sweet for the first time ..tasted something like milk fudge.....Like Kulfi ....Tastes awesome everyone I highly recommend you to try this recipe ..it's one of the gorgeous sweet I have personally tried !

Note : The Actual recipe calls of Edible Gum - 2tbsp but I have used Milk powder . If you have edible gum u can omit milk powder and roast edible gum with Semolina Rest procedure is the same :)


No comments:

Post a Comment