One of the most loved recipe of my family is this Til cutlets I usually make it for them and they simply love it as a evening snack. This recipe was actually shared by a chef but I have modified it and made the filling very crisp and yumm and key ingredient to make the filling crisp is coarsely powdered Poha...Do try this your family too will simply love the flavours here :)
2 Mashed Potato (finely grated)
1/4 cup grated Paneer /cottage cheese (finely Grated)
1 tbsp mint leaves (finely chopped)
4 green chillies (finely minced)
1 ' ginger (finely Grated)
1 tbsp very thick hung curd
1 med sized onion (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Poha /Pressed Rice (coarsely ground ) (Thick Variety)
1/4 cup til
1 tbsp Cornflour
salt to taste
oil to shallow fry
4 tbsp Maida
For Spice Ground powder
1 tsp Jeera
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
2 tbsp Cashews
1 tbsp fried gram (daria dal /Kadale pappa)
- Take a non stick pan add jeera, coriander seeds, cashews, fried gram dry roast these on a low flame for 3-4 mins and cool and grind to a fine powder and keep aside.
- In a bowl make a semi thick paste of Maida + water and keep aside.
- In Mixer grinder grind thick poha to a semi coarse consistency and transfer it to a plate and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add finely grated potato (mashed)( I grate it so that its fine and you can bind it more nicely), add grated Paneer , coriander leaves, mint leaves , finely chopped onion, grated ginger, hung curd, finely minced green chillies, ground powder mix well and then add in corn flour , salt to taste . Now pinch out ball and shape it into cutlets shape and keep aside.
- Dip this prepared shaped cutlets in maida mix and then roll this in coarsely ground poha mix and then in til .
- Prepare all the other cutlets in the same way and keep aside.
- Take a non stick pan and then add in the little oil and shallow fry cutlets on med flame till golden on both side,
- You can serve this with any dip of your choice ...we enjoyed it with ketchup !
- Do try this its amazing to taste and totally a beautiful burst of flavours with a crisp coating ...Wow and Yum ....You will def love this !!!