Today I thought of posting our traditional curry and the one I have posting is perfect for summer ...it's a cold curry so there is no heating required here ...this gravy is true winner I am amazed how ginger and cucumber compliment each other so well..I absolutely love this and do prepare this every time I have cucumber in my pantry . Do try this simple yet Simply gorgeous Curry !
1 med sized Cucumber (roughly grated)
small piece of ginger (grated may be 1/4 tsp)
1 green chillies (chopped finely)
1-2 Red chilli (roasted) ( Do not use more then 2 as u add even green chilli)
1/2 cup coconut
peanut sized tamarind
salt to taste
- Grind coconut with red chilli and tamarind to a fine paste.
- Remove this paste in a serving bowl. Add in grated cucumber (do not squeeze out the juice).
- Add in grated ginger, minced green chilli, salt to taste and mix .
- Serve with Rice ...it's absolutely yummy
- Notes : There is no heating required in this curry . So make sure you do it is small quantity but if you do it more ...don't worry it's too delicious that it won't last long :)