Saturday, March 18, 2023

Jackfruit Mulik

 These are traditional seasonal delicacy which is a wow ! I had learnt this recipe from my mil thanks to her for sharing such age old classic recipe with me the actual recipe calls for ground rice flour/ Idli Rawa but in this recipe we have added semolina to make it a little healthier , in case you need to follow the traditional way please do go ahead and swap semolina with idli rawa , it is amazing sweet and traditional one and very dear one to my heart as I have grown up seeing my mom preparing it whenever Jackfruits are in season . Do try this and let me know how did you find it to be :)


INGREDIENTS

1/2 Cup Jackfruit pieces (10 - 12) (deseeded)

1/4 cup Jaggery (can add more if needed depending on the sweetness of the Jackfruit)

1/2 cup semolina

1/4 cup coconut use fresh or desiccated

1/2 tsp ground elaichi powder / Green cardamom powder

Oil to deep fry the fritters 

Method 

  • Grind Jackfruit pieces with jaggary to a fine paste (My tip is to grate jaggery and then whizz it.
  • Take semolina in a bowl and add this jaggary puree little by little and blend it to make a semi thick batter.
  • Add Green cardamom powder and mix well and keep aside.
  • Now heat oil wet your hands pinch a small portion of the batter and deep fry in oil till golden .
  • Serve as a tea time snack and enjoy with masala tea absolutely a bliss !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment