This lip smacking and beautiful gingery flavoured chutney recipe comes from my friend Gayatri Praveen Kamath one of the best recipes...simply superb in taste too ...here is the recipe for this :)
1/4 cup Ginger (finely Chopped)
4 tbsp Tamarind paste or tamarind
3-4 green chillies (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp Haldi
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 small onion (chopped)
2-3 Dry Red Chilli (broken)
Jaggery - 1 & 1/2 tbsp chopped
2 sprigs of curry leaves
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup water
salt to taste
- Soak Tamarind in 1/2 cup of hot water for 10-15 mins then squeeze the tamarind to extract the juice and strain and keep aside. Else dilute the tamarind paste in water and set aside.
- Peel and chop ginger and put then in salted water for 5 mins and drain and keep aside.
- Heat coconut oil in Kadai and fry ginger till brown.
- Remove fried ginger on a tissue paper and keep aside.
- Grind this fried ginger to a fine paste.
- In oil add mustard seeds when it splutters add chopped onion, curry leaves and fry till translucent add dry red chilli, green chilli, haldi and red chilli powder fry well now add the tamarind juice and bring to a boil till it reduces to half.
- Now add crushed ginger, jaggery and boil until you are left with a thick gravy/ sauce .
- Cool and Serve with Dosa, idli ..its so yummy absolutely gorgeous....I simply loved it !