CLASSIC POPULAR TEA TIME SNACK WHICH NEEDS NO INTRODUTION !
2 CUPS RICE FLOUR
1/2 CUP URAD DAL
1/2 CUP ROASTED CHANA DAL / CHUTNEY DAL/ DARIA DAL
2 TBSP BUTTER
2 TBSP ROASTED WHITE SESAME SEEDS
1 TSP WHOLE JEERA
SALT TO TASTE
2 + 1/2 CUP OF LUKEWARM WATER
OIL FOR DEEP FRYING CHAKLI
- Roast 1/2 cup urad dal on simmer flame till dal changes colour and gets the nutty light brown colour with lovely aroma then switch off the gas.
- Grind the roasted urad dal to fine powder and sieve and keep aside.
- Grind daria dal to a fine powder and sieve and keep aside.
- Now in a large mixing bowl add in rice flour, roasted urad dal powder, daria dal powder, mix well , add sesame seeds, whole jeera, salt to taste mix well and keep aside.
- In a pan add 2 + 1/2 cup water and add butter, heat the water till it's lukewarm and the butter melts and then add it to the rice flour chakli mix and knead to a smooth dough
- Now pinch a small portion of the dough and put it in chakli press and press down and shape like spiral chakli.
- Now heat oil and deep fry till crisp and enjoy as a tea time snack.
Post a Comment