Thursday, June 17, 2010

Spring onion Bhaji


I was a bit bored of regular bhaji which I used to have with poori so wanted to do something new and fresh well I came across spring onion which is my favourite ingredient , I thought lets do something with it ...result was excellent !!! .....sorry abt the delay in most of ur comments as I wasn't keeping well these days so couldn't update my blog as well...:)

Ingredients

2 small Potato cubed

1/4 cup Paneer Cubed

3 spring onion chopped +greens for garnishing

1 small capsicum finely chopped

1/4 tsp turmeric powder

1/4 tsp garam masala

2 green chilli (sliced)

1/2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1/4 cup water

2 tsp oil

1 tsp peanuts (opt)

1/2 cup water

salt to taste

Method
  • In pressure cooker add oil then add sliced green chillies, spring onion and fry for 2-3 mins now add capsicum fry
  • Add potato , Paneer add 1/2 cup water and let it come to a boil then add turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, peanuts and pressure cook for 2 whistles
  • Now add cornflour mixture and let it come to a boil till it is semi thick then garnish with spring onion greens.
  • Serve hot with poori .........Just yummy :).....I am sure even all of u will say that.

Am also sending this along with the following 2 entries to the Priya's event healing foods-onion

Chinese Puff Roll

Vegetable & spring onion spirals