This rice has amazing smoky flavours from the tikkas, and does make it really very delicious,and again its a dish which is the result of my own kitchen experiments & this turned out to be excellent so i wanted to share this one too with u all ....
10-12 Mushroom cut into half
1 capsicum cut into cubes
1 tbsp Amul cheese spread
4 tbsp thick hung curds
2 tbsp fresh thick cream
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp green chilli paste
1 tsp crushed dried kasoori methi
1 tsp cashewnut paste
1 tsp almond paste
2 tsp badshah tandoori masala
1 tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
oil for basting
For the rice
1 cup Basmati Rice
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
1 " cinnamon
2 green cardamom
2 slit green chilli
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Method For the Rice
- Heat 2 cups water in a pan, add 1 tsp oil and salt, when it starts boiling add the rice and cook till 3/4th done, drain it and keep aside to cool down completely and then mix salt
- Marinate the mushroom and capsicum with the ingredients mentioned under marinade for 1 hour
- Thread the mushroom and capsicum onto the wooden skewers and keep aside
- ( keep the left over marinade if any for later use)
- Heat a electric tandoor or(u can use a charcoal grill also) and place the skewers on a greased aluminium foil in a tandoor and grill it for 2-3 minutes, turn it, baste it with oil and cook again for 5 min and then remove it and keep aside to cool, Remove the tikkas from the skewers and keep it in a plate
(if u dont have a tandoor, u can use a oven and grill it for 5 minutes at 200 C )
For the tikka rice
- Heat butter & oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when it starts to crackle add bay leaf, cinnamon,cloves,cardamom and green chillies and fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add the left over marinade if any and fry and then the tikkas, and fry it and then add the rice and mix it well, cook it on a very low flame for 15 minutes so that all the flavours get blended well with the rice
- Lastly garnish it with coriander leaves and then serve hot with raitha...
Its Award Time again!!!
My Fellow bloggers Babli, Sangi, Anncoo, Rohini, Priya Prashant, Oraphan have passed me and showered my blog with these beautiful awards.
Thanks Sangi, Rohini, Priya Prashant for this lovely award.
Thanks Ms.Oraphan For this lovely Award