Kadai Paneer is a beautiful curry which is needs no intro it's the special blend of aromatic spices which goes in gravy which makes it so special...you will absolutely will love this ..I have tried so many versions of the recipe but I absolutely loved the curry I had recently tried from Hebbar's kitchen ...the flavours was too good and it was nevertheless perfect Hotel Style ...my whole family esp my hubby absolutely loved it . I have done a small change to this recipe and have tried it twice in a row....Perfectly gorgeous recipe and truly a keeper too :D...So do give it a try and don't forget to leave in your feedback if you try !!
For Kadai Masala (Dry spice blend)
2 tsp Coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
10 - 12 black peppercorns
3 Kashmiri Red chillies
For the Masala
2 tsp oil
1 ' ginger
3-4 big cloves of garlic (sliced)
2 med onion (finely sliced)
1 big tomato (roughly chopped )
1/2 tsp haldi powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
2 tbsp oil
1 big onion (cut into med sized cubes)
1 cup cubed Paneer
1/2 cup sliced Green and yellow capsicum
1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi
3 tbsp Cream
- In a non stick pan add in coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorn, red chilli and fry on a low flame till you get a very nice aroma. ( make sure you don't burn them).
- Now cool and grind it to a fine powder.
- In a non stick pan add in oil add ginger and garlic fry for a min or two then add in onion and fry till they turn golden brown .
- Now add in tomatoes and fry till tomatoes get well cooked and it gets mashed add in cashews fry again .
- Now add in haldi, red chilli powder and fry well. Now cool and grind this to a fine paste.
For Kadai Masala Gravy
- Take a kadai add in a tsp od oil fry cubed onion and sliced capsicum fry and keep aside.
- Now add in 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp ghee when the heat melts the ghee add in the ground Masala and fry well till it oozes out oil and leaves the edges of the pan .
- add in 2- 3 tbsp oil this Ground kadai Masala*
- Add in salt , Kasoori methi . Paneer, fried onion and capsicum and mix well .
- Add in Cream and serve with Ghee rice or Paratha .....it's simply Gorgeous !