Adapted from ...Nestle video
1/2 cup mixed Dry fruits ( Mix of Raisins, Cashews, Candied Peel (sugar orange peel), ( you can use more if you like my kids are not big fan of nuts like me so I have used little)
1/2 tin condensed milk
1/4 cup sugar (for caramalisation) + 1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp All spice powder / if you don't get it substitute it with 1/4 tsp clove powder + 1/4 tsp dalchini powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bi carb
1 cup Plain flour (Maida)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Aerated water (Sparkling / Soda Water)
- Heat sugar and melt till brown on low heat and mix in 1/4 cup water and boil for 2-3 mins and switch off the gas and keep aside.
- Mix dry fruits with little maida and keep aside.
- Sieve plain flour, soda, baking powder, All spice powder and keep aside.
- Cream in butter and condensed milk with the help of the electric beater then add mix well add the caramel little by little mix well .
- Now add in Aerated water and mix in now add mixed dry fruits and mix well.( It will be little runny the batter but thats how its meant to be.
- Grease the cake tin with butter and dust with maida .
- Preheat the oven to a 180'c for about 5-7 mins.
- Pour the mix in cake tin and bake for about 35 - 40 mins till done .Prick with a tooth pick in center and see whether its perfectly done.
- Allow it to cool completely before you slice .
- Enjoy the cake ...its really lovely !
Post a Comment