Recipe Credit - Ritesh Prabhu
2 med sized Bitter gourd /Karela
2 green mango (Raw Mango)
1 tbsp coconut oil ( Pls dont skip it ....gives a very beautiful taste)
2 tbsp desiccated or Fresh scraped coconut
1 green chilli
1/4 tsp Jaggary
1/4 tsp haldi / Turmeric powder
2 dry Red chillies
1 sprig of curry leaves
Salt to taste
- Chop Bitter gourd lengthwise. Apply salt and haldi and keep aside for 30 mins.
- Then in non stick pan add 1 tbsp oil add squeezed bitter gourd (Squeeze out water) and fry till crisp fry it on a low flame making sure it's not burnt.
- Slice green mango with skin and keep aside.
- In non stick pan add coconut oil add mustard seeds , dry chillies when it splutters add sliced green chilli , curry leaves and put the grated mango and fry till cooked add the bitter gourd and toss well. Now add Jaggery to it and give a final mix .
- Lastly add the coconut and mix well . Consistency must be semi dry ...best served with Rice and dal ...Tastes superb !!!