Simply love anything to do with corn I can have it even just like that . This is one such curry which was easy to prepare and it was tasting delicious as well.....what's more it's a satvik recipe as well I keep searching for such recipes where I could prepare even on the days i am fasting and this is surely a keeper recipe which I got from the library book I borrowed last week, Here I have used babycorn on it's whole and didn't dice it the taste of babycorn eating with chapathi dipped in this sauce is so awesome ...It's a must try recipe and do give a feedback if you love the taste !!!
10-12 babycorn ( I have used whole here you can dice it if you like)
1 med sized tomato (pureed)
1/4 cup coconut
1 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
2 green chilli (sliced)
1 sprig of curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
Spices to be used and mixed together
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp haldi
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp Amchur powder
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Cream
1 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped ) (for granishing)
- cook the Babycorn adding little salt till done and drain and keep aside.
- Mix all the powders i.e chilli, haldi, coriander powder, Amchur in a bowl mix and keep it aside.
- In a non stick pan add in oil when hot add curry leaves, mustard seeds , cumin seeds curry leaves when mustard seeds start to pop lower it to low heat and then add the spice powders and give a good mix then add in the tomato puree (1 tomato which is freshly ground in mixer grinder).
- Stir this till oil oozes out well now add in coconut milk and bring to a boil till it leaves out oil again Add in water to the consistency required I added around 1/4 cup to make it semi thick . Add in slit green chillis, coriander leaves, boiled baby corn , salt and Allow it to boil till baby corn is well infused with flavour .
- Add in the cream and mix .Done serve with Rice or chapathi :)
- Super delicious and awesome and I enjoyed eating the whole babycorn dunking it in gravy ....choice is your's but Gravy is awesome . Try it do leave in your feedback ...Happy Cooking !