Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stuffed Dahi Kachori


I Absolutely adore this chat & from past few days I was craving for having a chaat V badly ....I truely miss India (Bangalore) for that .....this is one of my fav too so I thought y not give it a try .....may be its a bit of a lengthy process but end result was absolutely delicious and just loved it :) And u can see me already ready to have a big bite of this chaat :).....Did I make u crave for one too ???.....hmmm then follow the steps and try it and let me know :)

Ingredients

For the dough

1 cup Maida

2 tbsp very hot oil

salt to taste

a pinch of soda

1 tsp sugar

For Stuffing

2 Boiled and mashed potato

2 Onions, chopped

1 tsp Cumin seeds

a pinch of Asafoetida

2 tsp crushed Coriander seeds

4-5 garlic finely chopped

a small piece of ginger finely chopped

2-3 Green chillies finely chopped 

1 tsp Red chilli powder 

1 tsp garam masala powder

2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves

salt to taste

Oil to deep fry

Other ingredients

1/2 cup green chutney

1/2 cup sweet chutney

1 cup well beaten curds

1/4 cup boiled moong sprouts

2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves

1/2 cup Nylon sev

1 tomato finely chopped

1 tbsp dry masala powder( 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds, 2 tbsp crushed black peppercorn,2 cloves,salt to taste,a pinch of black salt......Blend all this into a fine powder)

Method

For the dough

    • Sieve the maida with soda and salt and then mix it well with sugar and with hot oil, then add little water and knead into a stiff dough and then cover it with a muslin cloth and keep aside for half an hour
  • For the Potato-onion stuffing
    • Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, hing, when it splutters add crushed coriander seeds and fry for 1-2 minutes and then add onion and fry till light brown

    • Add garlic, ginger,green chillies,red chilli powder,garam masala powder and fry for another 2 minutes

    • Add salt, mashed potatoes,and mix it well, cook for 5 minutes and then lastly add coriander leaves and then keep it aside to cool

    For the Kachori 

    Knead the dough again and then divide it in equal portions

    Take one portion and flatten it slightly and then put 1 tsp of corn mixture in to and close the edges, and then roll it with the help of a rolling pin into a small round shape semi-thick puri and in the same manner repeat it for the rest of the dough and mixture

    Heat oil in a pan, when its hot fry one kachori at a time on a medium flame till golden brown and crisp, drain on a kitchen towel and then keep aside

    For the Dahi Kachori

    • Take a serving plate, Place one kachori in between, make a hole in the center of it

    • Stuff with 1 tbsp of moong sprouts,1/4 cup of curds,1 tbsp of tamarind chutney, 1 1/2 tsp of green chutney,& sprinkle 1/4 tsp dry masala powder

    • Sprinkle generous amount of sev, chopped coriander leaves, and chopped tomato and serve it immidiately ....repeat the same with the other kachori when u serve

    64 comments:

    1. Wow! kachori picture makes me tempting! Surely my family will love this! Great post dear!:D

      ReplyDelete
    2. wowwww..yuummmyyyy.very tempting Kachoris.I can't cntrl myself.wonderful pic too.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yummyilicious, i too love this sort of chaat dishes..cant resist, feel like grabbing the plate...tempting kachori Sushma!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow Shushma, you really made us crave, awesome kachori !

      ReplyDelete
    5. wow ,worth trying this one sushma.After this fetive season will try out ur intersting dishes.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Wow! very tempting Kachoris..looks delicious.. will try your version soon:)

      ReplyDelete
    7. looks soo very tempting Sushma. You must have spent hell lot of time in the kitchen, right?

      ReplyDelete
    8. Thanks all of your for ur quick response, ya sush quiet a lot of time but really worth my efforts...just try it and ull know how tasty it is...thanks for dropping by jaishree,hope to c u again...

      ReplyDelete
    9. Wow,really I am mouthwatering seeing ur dahi kachori,love this a lot....Wish i could eat that one :)

      ReplyDelete
    10. Absolutely mouth-watering...perfect snap! Agreed...seriously missing B'lore for chats!

      ReplyDelete
    11. hmm dis luks rilly yum.......nice !!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hi Sushma,

      This looks so tempting!

      ReplyDelete
    13. i just loved the outline and background of your blog...this snap is too tempting...im a new comer here..but this is really amazing.. :)
      snap is awesome.. :)

      ReplyDelete
    14. splendid work !wat a delicious and tempting dahi kachori..awesome work
      am just drooling over...

      ReplyDelete
    15. Oh..my mouth is watering,such a lovely chat Sushma...

      ReplyDelete
    16. Sushma This is my fav.Lovely presentation......droolworthy dear.

      ReplyDelete
    17. Thanks a lot for your lovely comments...try this and let me know...

      ReplyDelete
    18. ok....i am drooling now...u have to invite me to ur house now....this is just toooooooooooooo tempting!...LOVE THE CLICK!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Kachori is my all time favorite. Looks so good and colorful. YUM!

      ReplyDelete
    20. I had this last weekend only dear...atleast I m happy that I m in India to enjoy all these yummy delights...It looks absolutely mouth watering..

      ReplyDelete
    21. ooo this is so tempting :-)Just feel like grabbing one right away ..

      ReplyDelete
    22. OMG.. this is not at all fair!! Such a tempting Kachori...!!! Hope you had a sumptuous bite..Thanks for sharing it dear!!

      ReplyDelete
    23. wooo..looks sooooo good..i am crazy of chats...its inviting

      ReplyDelete
    24. such a yummy kachori!!!!
      im drooling over it..i just ove chats, and this one makes me love it more nd more. great post...

      ReplyDelete
    25. Kachoris sure are hard to resist,love the dahi stuffing :)

      ReplyDelete
    26. thanks for your wonderful comments..keep in touch

      ReplyDelete
    27. Mouthwatering dahi kachori! Cant wait to try it Sushma....

      ReplyDelete
    28. OMG!! I am drooling here. Slurppppppppppppppppppppp!!

      ReplyDelete
    29. wat is it with u teasing poor readers by posting delcious recipes like this? too gud to b true.

      ReplyDelete
    30. This time you made me happy and at the same time sad... because it made me remember my home...

      The dahi kachori looks jabardast...

      We also get dahi samosa here...

      Happy diwali to you.

      ReplyDelete
    31. woooooooooow!wat a tempting click...it's my fav Sush!

      ReplyDelete
    32. I am craving for it,Yes!I had Khasta Kachori over the weekend at some Diwali party and since then I wanted more..Now here is one more tickle...Wow!Absolutely love it,Sushma!

      ReplyDelete
    33. Looks so tempting Sushma.... can't say no to any chaat dishes :)

      ReplyDelete
    34. Oh my gosh..that is indeed colorful, appetizinggggg!:)

      ReplyDelete
    35. sooooo yummmmm .I miss blore too!Mouthwatering snack!

      ReplyDelete
    36. Thanks all of you,come home ill make chaats for u:)...do keep coming...

      ReplyDelete
    37. woooooooooooooow I have to try this one looks so so tempting yaa pic. makes me drooool. yes me too missing those delicious chats in Bangalore hummmm.

      ReplyDelete
    38. After seeing this...i feel like having it right now....tempting pic...

      ReplyDelete
    39. Very colorful Kachori dear. Bookmarked it. Wish u & ur family a happy diwali.

      ReplyDelete
    40. That looks ammmmmazing !
      I have a question pl, what's "Asafoetida", is it a spice ?, I never heard about it.
      I have a small surprise for you in my blog, take a look.
      Have a nice day !

      ReplyDelete
    41. You are the kachori QUEEN in my books! I could eat this chaat every day ... and so can my hubbs!

      ReplyDelete
    42. Kachori queen...haha nice name muneeba...thanks a lot all of you for dropping by and leaving a lovely comment...hope u have a splendid diwali...

      ReplyDelete
    43. wow! this kachori is very tempting.can I just grab it?you can visit my blog and give ur comments.

      ReplyDelete
    44. happy diwali to u too..and your dish looks very tempting!!

      ReplyDelete
    45. I luvvvvvv chaats and your's look so perfect and colorful. I started craving for kachoris, now.

      ReplyDelete
    46. Excellent presentation dear. Stuffed dahi kachori sounds so delicious, really inviting!

      Happy diwali to you and your family dear Sushma, may this diwali light up your life with prosperity and lots of happiness!!!

      ReplyDelete
    47. Thanks all of you for ur wonderful comments..and a very happy diwali to all of you..hope u all have a great time...

      ReplyDelete
    48. Hi Sushma,

      I am prathiba from The indian food court. Thanx a lot for ur good wishes. Lemme wish you all a very happy Diwali and a prosperous newyear which will follow soon.

      ReplyDelete
    49. I am sure all the effort was worth this delicious and mouth watering temptation, i feel like grabbing the plate right away :-)
      Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous diwali!!

      ReplyDelete
    50. Hi Sushma,

      Wishing you and your family and very happy and prosperous diwali !!!

      ReplyDelete
    51. Simply super delicious.
      Happy deepavali to you and your beloved family.

      ReplyDelete
    52. wow this looks really tempting.

      ReplyDelete
    53. Thanks prathiba,parita,DE,lata and mahi for your wonderful comments.

      ReplyDelete
    54. Dahi Kachori display looks intricately & delicious. I am visiting B'lore sometime next year. Plan to have nice chaat there :))

      ReplyDelete
    55. Hai!!!! Sushma,

      Kachori looks great,,,seeing pics mouthwatering.I like dhal kachori very much. I tried 3 times it didnt came out right.i will try your recipe next time.

      ReplyDelete
    56. wowww lovely chaat.we call it Raj Kachori in Northern India (Delhi)....its looking so tempting.visiting your blog for the first time and i m loving it.............you have nice collection of recipes...do visit mine too sometime....

      http://richaskitchen.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    57. Chats are my fav....with dahi its even more tempting...looks super yum

      ReplyDelete