Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Crispy Plain Paper Dosa


This is one of my favourite dosa which is crispy paper thin Dosa , I have tried using many variations in this but this is the exact version of crispy dosa , as because of chanadal it gives a good colour to dosa and makes it yummy as well. . So why dont you try it out and let me know how it is, I am sure I can never go wrong on this one..............I am also sending this to padma's dosa event

Ingredients

1 cup sona masoori or basmati rice

1/4 cup urad dal

2 tsp methi seeds

1 fistful chana dal

2 tbsp daria dal (Roasted Split Gram)

oil as required

salt to taste

Method

  • Soak all these ingredients for 3-4 hrs grind this to smooth paste and then add salt and keep aside, and allow it to ferment overnight.
  • Heat a tawa, spread oil evenly on all the sides
  • When its hot, pour a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly and thinly
  • Turn it once or twice till crispy and then serve with sambar or chutney.