1 cup whole black beans
2 tbsp Rajma (Kidney beans)
2-3 tbsp butter
salt to taste
6-7 flakes of garlic (optional)
4 Dry Red Chilli (bedagi)
1/2 cup tomato Puree or 3 tomatoes Pureed
3 tbsp thick curd
1/4 cup cream
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp red chilli powder
For the tempering
1/2 tsp kasuri methi
1 tsp oil
- Soak both the whole black beans & rajma overnight.
- Grind ginger, garlic, 4 red chillies to a fine paste.
- Take one tsp of this ground red chilli paste and add this to the soaked whole black beans and pressure cook it till done and keep aside.
- Heat butter in kadai add red chilli paste and fry for 5 mins till paste gets cooked now add the tomato puree and cook till oil oozes out. Now add the curd and cook.
- Now add the garam masala, chilli powder, coriander powder to the cooked masala and fry for 2 mins.
- Add this tomato mixture to the boiled dal ,salt and simmer and cook for 5 mins . Now add 1 tsp butter, cream and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Heat little oil add 1/4 tsp kasoori methi and fry now add this to the cooked dal .
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Parathas/ rotis.