This is a unusal manglorean dish and usually served during weddings..acutally in this recipe ripe mangoes are used but as this is not a season of mangoes i used grapes instead....tastes very different yet very tasty....
1 cup pineapple cut into small pieces
1/2 cup purple Grapes (You can use Green if you like )
1/2 cup grated coconut
4 fried red chillies
Med size piece of jaggary
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
- Boil pineapple pieces in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes,drain it and keep aside
- Grind coconut,fried red chili,jaggary,mustard seeds and salt with little water to a fine paste
- In a bowl, put the paste along with pineapple pieces and grapes and mix it well
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours and serve chilled.
- Note : You can use Mango as well in the gravy when it is seasonally available .
Post a Comment