1 cup Rice (Sona Masoori Rice)
1 cup moong dal
4 cups water
5 green chillies finely chopped
1 ' ginger finely chopped
1 tsp whole peppercorn
1 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 sprig of curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp ghee
- Fry moong dal till nice aroma comes out on a low flame and kep aside.
- Pressure cook dal along with rice and water and pressure cook it till over cooked.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add peppercorns, cumin seeds, and fry till the colour changes and then add green chillies, ginger ,turmeric powder and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add cashewnut pieces and then add this to the cooked dal-rice mixture.
- Add salt,curry leaves and mix well, and add ghee before serving.