Masala Poha is the Authentic way of how konkanis do poha and which goes on very well with Sweet Potato Bajo (Bajji).
3 tsp Coriander seeds
2 tsp Jeera
1 tsp salt
Medium ball of Jaggary Crushed
5-6 Red Chillies (Bedagi)
Mustard seeds 1 tbsp
curry leaves 2 sprigs
- Grind all the above ingredients to a fine powder and take it out in a bowl .
- Now add half cup grated coconut and mix till coconut gets blended well with the above masala.
- Temper the above masala by heating oil .
- Add musturd seeds when it starts to splutter, add 2 sprigs of curry leaves and fry till it gets little crisp.
- Now add this to the above masala and Mix well .
- Take 1 cup of paper thin poha just sprinke little water over it and then add 3 tbsp of this masala and mix till masala gets blended to the poha giving it a ting of orange colour.
- Serve this with Sweet Potato Upkari, Sweet Potato Bajo.
Sweet potato Bajo
1 Sweet Potato (Peeled and cut into thin Roundals)
For the Batter
1/2 cup Gramflour
2 pinches of soda
1/4 tsp Jeera
1/4 tsp Hing powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp chilli Powder
Oil for frying
- In a bowl add hing powder, salt, jeera, chilli powder, soda, and gram flour and mix till there are no lumps in the Gram flour.
- Now add the water and mix till the batter is semi thick and smooth .
- Heat oil in a kadai and when it is hot, dip the sweet potato roundals in gram flour and deep fry in oil till golden brown.
- This goes well with the Masala poha or can be eaten just as an evening snack.