Well It was my hubby's birthday on the 20th so thought of baking a cake for him and he actually loved this Egg less caramel chocolate cake....... So don't be afraid in trying this recipe as for u ll just love the way how spongy your cake has turned out without using any eggs and the frosting on the top of the cake is so nice that it just melts in your mouth .......so here goes the recipe for it
1/2 cup caramel sauce or I used Nestle carnation caramel
1 Milk chocolate bar
1/2 cup condensed milk
2 grated carrot
1/2 tsp soda bi carbonate
1 heaped tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Butter
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup Maida
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts + a few for garnishing
1/4 cup cherries for garnishing
- Sieve maida, baking powder, soda and keep aside.
- Melt butter and now add vanilla essence, 2 tbsp of caramel sauce , grated carrots, condensed milk, honey and mix all this till smooth and fluffy with the help of an electric beater.
- Now add the sieved maida, 1/4 cup crushed walnuts , milk and mix it till u get a semi thick batter.
- Now grease a baking dish and preheat the oven to a 180'c for 5 mins and bake for about 40-45 mins or till done .
- Allow it to cool so that it comes out clean and nice .
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and then mix 4-5 tbsp of caramel sauce and mix it nicely with the help of a beater and pour over the cake and spread it evenly.
- Now garnish with walnuts and cherries, cut it into small pieces and serve