4-5 thinly sliced fry cut Surmai / Visonu (get it done by a fish monger)
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste ( 5-6 big flakes of garlic) ( 1' ginger)
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp coriander leaves
2 tbsp spicy Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp whole fresh hing (add little water to the whole hing and dilute it and keep aside )
Note : if u don't have fresh hing use Hing powder (1/2 tsp)
1 tbsp gram flour
1 cup rice flour
salt to taste
oil to deep fry
- Grind ginger, garlic , coriander leaves, lemon juice to a thick paste.
- Clean and marinate the fish with salt, half the paste and rub on both the sides of the fish evenly and leave it aside.
- Now in a bowl add hing water and put remaining paste, salt to taste, red chilli powder, gramflour, and make a thick paste add little water if too thick and rub on both the sides of the fish .
- Now in a plate spread rice flour (Fine one) and coat the marinated fish on both the side.
- Dust it properly and keep aside.
- Now heat the oil to a smoking point in a small non stick pan and deep fry on a med flame till crisp on both the side.
- Serve Hot with steamed rice.
- Note : you can use any fish of your choice here :)