1 cup urad dal
a pinch of hing
3-4 green chillies finely chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp jeera powder
salt to taste
oil to deep fry
Generous pinch of Red chilli powder
Generous pinch of Roasted Jeera powder
Boondi and coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash and soak urad dal for 2-3 hours.Drain and keep aside
- Grind the urad dal with very little water to the smooth paste. ( Make sure you add in very little water as you need a very thick ground paste here.
- Take out the paste in the bowl,add hing,green chillies,coriander leaves,salt and mix well..Keep aside.
- Take another bowl,put curds and whisk it well adding a little water if its too thick, then add sugar if its sour, and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan till smoking point and wetten your hands a bit take a good portion of batter and make a hole in the center and drop a handful of batter in it and deep fry till crisp and golden brown.
- Take out the crispy vada and put it in water.
- After few minutes just squeeze the water from the vada
- Put the vada in a serving plate,pour the curds over it, sprinkle pinch of red chilli powder and jeera powder and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle Boondi... Serve .