This is one of the traditional recipe which I learnt from my mom , it's to good to taste and perfect for the festive season coming up....Do try this recipe and enjoy !
1 & 1/2 cup coconut scraped
1/4 cup cashews
1 cup sugar
2-3 cardamom (deseeded and powdered )
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp ghee
1/4 cup desiccated coconut (for rolling the burfi (opt)
- Grind the scraped coconut with cashew nut without adding water coarsely
- Mix sugar with 1/2 cup of water and heat till syrup is formed
- Add the ground mixture to the syrup and stir constantly till the mixture thickens
- Add 2 tbsp of ghee,cardamom powder and continue turning over till it forms a lump
- Grease a round small plate with ghee and spread the mixture on it evenly and it should be thick
- cut into squares or any shape u desire such as a diamond shape with a knife or a spatula
- Allow it to cool for 15 minutes and then separate the pieces and store in a air tight container and serve .
- Roll in desiccated coconut (this is optional and can be rolled only with desiccated coconut )