This is one of the best Authentic recipe which i am following for years now...its one of my best recipes ...try this you will absolutely love it ...just put little boondi over it and have its such a lovely wholesome meal ...yum ...simply Awesome !!
1 cup Boiled Rice
1/2 cup Toor Dal
1 carrot cut into med size cubes
6-7 beans roughly chopped
2 Potato cut into cubes
a small piece of jaggary
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
lemon size tamarind mix with water
2 tsp oil
2 tbsp peanuts or Cashews ( I used cashews here but usually I use peanuts )
1 tomato finely chopped
salt to taste
For Masala powder
1/4 tsp methi seeds
1 " cinnamon
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp chana dal
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp jeera
6-7 fried red chilli(bedagi)
3 tbsp grated coconut
2 tsp sambar powder
1 sprig curry leaves
Boondi for garnishing
- Cook dal in pressure cooker adding little haldi to it.
- Now mash the dal and mix that with the rice and keep aside.
- Boil all the vegetables and keep aside.\
- Take oil in a small pan roast all the ingredients under masala powder on a low flame and grind it adding little water to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add jeera, chanadal and fry till golden brown.
- Add tamarind mix with water,masala paste and fry for a while
- Then add jaggary,salt and mix well
- Add water and allow it to boil for sometime
- After that put cooked rice & dal and all the vegetables and 1 and 1/2 cup of water and then let it boil for 10 min till semi thick consistency
- In another pan,heat oil and add sambar powder and fry for a while then add curry leaves and fry for a min and then add this to the cooked rice & dal
- Stir well, garnish it with boondi . Serve Hot.