This is a mangalorian sweet which I recently learnt to prepare its very simple and quick to prepare and its super delicious ...absolutely yummy do try this and leave in your feedback :)
1/2 cup Maida
1 Tbsp Ghee + 2 Tbsp Ghee
2 tsp Sugar
a pinch of salt
water for Kneading
1/4 cup Rice flour
1/2 cup Sugar
4-5 green cardamom
Oil to deep fry
- Heat ghee in a kadai till smoking point and pour over 1/2 cup maida .
- Then add 2 tsp sugar a pinch of salt and enough water to kneed into a smooth dough.
- Now make balls out of the dough and roll them into thin chapathis.
- Now take 1 chapathi apply ghee then dust it with rice flour all over the chapathi then put another chapathi on it and repeat the same thing. Likewise do the same thing arranging 5 chapathis one over the other . Dust all the chapathi with Ghee and rice flour like the way shown below.
- Now make a roll out of these chapathis and roll it slowly till the end
- Now cut the roll into 1' thick pieces with a knife as shown below
- Then gently press each with ur palm
- Now roll it into semi thick puris and fry in oil till golden brown.
- Grind the sugar along with 5 green cardamom to a fine powder.
- Now dust this fried puris with this sugar powder on both side.
- Our phenori is now ready, store in a air tight container.